Pages

Friday, March 5, 2010

Keep It Simple, Silly!

In the interest of actually reaching the goals I made, I set steps along the way, which any good goal-reacher will tell you is the best method. I'm not logging my meals or counting the calories from the envelopes I lick, but I am logging my workouts. I also set my weight loss goals according to the phases of my life to which I'd like to revert.

I'm happy to report that I've met goal number one; make it back to my 'pre-Charlie' weight. It only took 21 months (three weeks of which I was genuinely trying) but it's off. Now, on to my pre-H weight.

I've found that by simply working toward the fitness goals I've set, the weight-loss goals are happening on their own. I have the added bonus of more patience with my kids and, for someone who's getting as much, or less, sleep as I usually do, I'm a whole lot less tired!

Now, for that gold medal I was supposed to be working on...I finished both sleeves of the sweater and am about a third of the way up the body.

If I didn't have these other pesky tasks to complete that are actually paying me money, I would have finished. But what can I say? I'm more gold digger than gold medalist at the moment.

3 comments:

Portlandia said...

Well, congratulations, pre-Charlie lady!

And my gold medal baby sweater...well.... And then the baby came early and.... I have some knitting to do.

Mommy to Tyler & Kendall said...

What you can't knit and run at the same time? :-) Congrats on your first step, I know the others will come just as fast.

Unknown said...

I am so proud of you-you are an inspiration!!