Pages

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I'd Rather Run Barefoot

Today, I got my periodic email from Zappos and clicked over to browse the latest offerings in Spring Footwear. Talk about shock and awe...when I saw these sandals or, Tube Flops, only a stilted 'Oh. My. God.' squeaked past my lips.

These are quite possibly the ugliest fashion trend I've seen in a very long time. I guess I shouldn't really say 'trend' because I have not seen a single person wearing them...and I hope I never do, because I will not be able to wipe the sneer from my lips, or keep my eyebrows in a position less than half an inch from my hairline.

You can check their selection of color and print combinations for yourself...one picture just doesn't do it justice. Bless their hearts, I hope they make their money back. I can only imagine the brainstorming session that produced these gems...'Dude! What if you could wear socks with sandals, because they were the sandals?!' (bubbling water and smoke inhalation fills the air)...'Totally!'

Here's what they have to say for themselves...

  • Wearing socks and sandals used to be an absolute fashion faux pas; now, it's a chic statement! Introducing the bold, the bright, the anything-but-boring... The Tube Flop from SanĂ¼k™!
  • Give those toes a little wiggle room while keepin' warm with this functional and fashionable hybrid!
  • Light and breathable tube sock connects to the footbed through a molded channel in the flip flop.
  • Soft and feminine strap for absolute comfort between the toes.
  • Compression molded footbed is squishy 'n soft for signature Sanukcomfort.
  • Sanuk logo tag on bottom of sock.
  • Happy U outsole tread for easy steppin'.
  • A Vegan friendly flip flop made of synthetic materials.
  • Roll the sock into itself and against the sandal for easy storage.
  • Hand wash and hang dry your Tubeflops for easy cleaning.


2 comments:

Crafty Mama said...

OMG, those are hilarious!! It's only a matter of time we see them though.

Cathy said...

Someone sent your post to me since I had written about the romper on mine. I have to say, I find them a little on the cute side...maybe because I love gray and there are definitely some girls in my area that I know would totally wear them and somehow make them look cool.