Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

All Access Cable

After making so many socks, you start looking for more and more patterns that will retain your interest in the endless rounds and slip of the dpn's (yes, I still used double-pointed needles. Even though magic loop and circulars are all the rage, the amount of time wasted slipping along the cable starts to frustrate me so, alas, I'm a dpn girl in a circular world) But I digress...

Sock patterns. After finishing Monkey Socks by Cookie A. I started scouring ravelry for the perfect pattern for my friend, Alex. She's attempted knitting socks but wasn't in love with her results (I think the next pair she makes will be money because it was just a couple holes that she wasn't happy with), so I intended to give her a pair for her birthday. Which was in January. Big surprise, right? After finishing Tree of Life, I was more than ready for some simple projects. I already had the yarn; A skein of Fleece Artist Seawool in a beautiful variegated green. 


The pattern? Owlie socks. I was at first wondering about all the cables, and the beads but saw a modification that eliminated the center cables to maintain some stretch in the leg, went without the beads and then I watched a couple videos on cables without a cable needle (I don't think I'll ever go back!) for small stitch amounts, and they have really flown off the needles considering I haven't had a ton of time to knit lately.

Here's a couple pictures...Can you see the owls?

No comments: