Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The Sox

Since I'm all caught up in my knitting queue (who'd have ever thought I'd say that?!), I started to make a holiday gifting list. There are a few people I'd love to make a pair of socks for, but I wanted them to be something other than a standard pair of socks. Serendipity intervened and my inbox had a message from Knitting Daily. The next knit-along was going to be a pair of socks and the poll was open to vote for the pattern. I cast my vote and voila-one week later the pattern I wanted won, so I made my purchase, chose my yarn and logged onto the forum.

In a couple weeks (they give a month, and I usually take a week of evening knitting to finish a pair of socks, so I'm splitting the difference) I should have finished a pair of these lovelies, knit in a beautiful skein of hand-dyed merino yarn that I purchased about a year ago from The Sitting Tree on etsy in the colorway seaspray:


I am so drawn to teal right now, so I immediately thought of this stashed yarn.

No comments: