Pages

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Starbucks Can Cure What Ails You...

So imagine how stoked I was to read Lil' Mommy that Could and find out that Mel over at Life is Like a Box of Chocolates has reached the milestone of 500 posts and is giving away a Starbucks card and chocolates to one lucky reader?!

Ahhh...my two favorite things, caffeine and chocolate (which is really just more caffeine).

So, today I decided to go on a little trip to my local bead store, which I love, in order to get supplies to make earrings for my sister's wedding. I'm always amazed when I see the prices for earrings in the department stores, after knowing how much the supplies cost. What a racket! I left the house as soon as J woke up, leaving H behind as he'd been having a particularly challening morning, necessitating the taking of a break by moi. C and I were securely in the car and on our way when I realized that the store didn't open for 45 minutes. Hmm...what to do, what to do?

Lightbulb came on as I realized I still had the remains of a Starbucks card, which was perhaps my favorite in-hospital baby gift. I stopped in and enjoyed my grande non-fat light whip mocha (my 'weekend drink'); note the chocolate and caffeine combo.

C sat quietly in his carseat, leaving all to comment on what a beautiful baby he is, and I got to alleviate the slowly building withdrawl headache.

What a great day! I was insanely tempted to fill out the application for part-time baristas, if only for the free coffee.

If you want a chance at the giftcard, Mel is leaving her post open for comment until next week. Just comment on the post, that's titled "My 500th Post".

2 comments:

Mel said...

Thanks so much for the linky love! I just may have to buy more Starbucks cards for everybody who is being so nice. I hope you come by to visit again.

BTW, I love the name of your blog. Definitely will be back to visit you again. Can you believe that I have never watched Sex and the City. Everybody keeps telling me that I would really like it so maybe I'm gonna have to go borrow me some box sets.

Have a great week.

Susan Lindgren said...

I am feeding you starbucks and Chocolate, you feeding me pie..enablers we are