Pages

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Potato, Potahto

Meatless Monday in the HP household commenced with Spicy Sweet Potato Soup, another recipe I found on Late Nite Kitchen. The single batch made enough for J and I plus about 3 days of leftovers...it was so good! Each day the chilis in it got a little bolder, but it never was overwhelmingly spicy. I had to use a blender, as I don't have the little hand-held one to use directly in the pot. What I loved about this as opposed to squash or pumpkin soup was that the starch and the flavor came from one thing, so I didn't have to add anything to the soup...it was so good!
A couple nights later, we had the Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese (also of LNK fame) and we are again having the Butternut Squash Enchiladas with Spicy Peanut Sauce. As I've been writing all meals on the calendar two weeks in advance, including leftover nights, J got a puzzled look on his face glancing at it, wondering what activity my mom's group was doing that I'd call it "Butt Squash". I gently reminded him that it was the name of our dinner, not an activity. Oy veh!

1 comment:

Crafty Mama said...

Mmm....butt. squash. :)

We've been writing out menus in advance for about a year now, and it really does make a difference!