Pages

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Double the Pleasure, Double the Fun...

Half the attention for everyone! I am quickly learning that the hardest part of being a parent of multiple children is trying to decide how to best divide your attention. While I feel bad that H is getting less attention than normal, I also feel guilty that C is getting the short end of the stick from the get go. When H was born it was all naps on my chest and gazing into his eyes as long as our little hearts desired.


Now, it's changing a diaper, and latching C on just in time to help H climb up into the chair to start the 20 questions about the anatomy of my breast and whether or not it would be appropriate for him to 'hit C's milk.' (Which translated to him trying to smack my chest...nice.)

How is this going to work?! It may come down to Mommy getting a job and having the daycare split the difference. Or maybe I should let the ole post-partum hormones run their course before I make any drastic changes in my life.

I threw H a "Big Brother Party" which my lovely ER doc husband dubbed the 'choking hazard luncheon' as I served hot dogs, grapes and popcorn (and the sweet cupcake display above). Gotta love those hubbies.

1 comment:

Alex Elliot said...

This may sound horrible, but I think it actually is good for both kids. It's not that you love either of them any less, but you're showing both them (C from the moment he's born) how to be more independent.