Pages

Sunday, January 9, 2011


True to form, I can't wait to post progress pictures. I feel comfortable that I'll be done with this in time, and I'm happy with how it's turning out. It's going to look a lot different once it's blocked and the border is added, but now you have an idea of how it'll turn out. I'll post pictures again when it's blocking after I've completed the other repeats of the tree/flower motif. The trees were really simple, and the flowers were what made me the most nervouse because I just couldn't figure out how they did the leaves. Once again, it's one of those things that you just need to do it, and read along, because it turned otu to be a really simple technique. They're a bit of a pain with the decreased being through the back loop, so I had to use a crochet hook to do it without cursing or breaking my fingers. Needless to say, there is only one row of flowers instead of two. I convinced myself that it was because I didn't want the blanket to be too big, but really, I was just done with those fussy flowers. I do like the look, though, and am glad I didn't sub in some lace pattern. I think the if you knew the baby's name, it would be cool to find a way to do the name in something other than block print for the center panel, and then another band of flowers and trees on the top. Maybe next time.


Posted by Picasa