Pages

Sunday, August 16, 2009

I Play My Music In The Sun

Where have I been?!

Usually on top of all that is odd and must-be-followed in Hollywood, it was completely off my radar that Joaquin Phoenix and brother-in-law Casey Affleck may be setting up one of the biggest hoaxes since, well, ever! Tonight I was watching my Netflix copy of Two Lovers (which was, by the way, fantastic) and saw in the Special Features only a brief blurb of an interview with a scruff-tastic Phoenix professing this to be his last film. WHAT?!!

I immediately dropped the remote and got my google on to find that the web lines have been buzzing with concerns, prophesies and, most dangerously I think, by-proxy diagnoses, since February when he held this bizarre interview on Letterman:



But there's hope; his Two Lovers co-star Paltrow had this to say about it:
Hopefully Sundance will shed some light on all of this next year. Either it's the best orchestrated hoax we've ever seen, or this is one crash and burn that will all be caught on tape...no black box required.

1 comment:

LiteralDan said...

Oh, this all started before February, and who knows when we'll find out what the deal is?

I don't particularly care, mind you, but I just become idly curious for a few minutes whenever the situation comes up in conversation.