Pages

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Visit msnbc.com for Breaking News, World News, and News about the Economy


I hope that if you didn't get to see the speech, you'll take the time to watch it; either here, on youTube, or the multitude of other places it's bound to wind up. The only thing I cut out was the applause at the beginning.

In an age when information is at our fingertips, it's always a little alarming to see how many people choose to comment on, and get riled up about, something that they've not yet seen or heard from the horse's mouth so to speak. As a student of history I remember my lessons well; I value primary sources as the go-to, then I move on to secondary sources to get perspective (i.e. the political pundits and newcasters, bloggers like myself and the guys you blab with at the coffee shop who saw it for themselves).

An informed public is what, as J reminded me, makes a democracy successful. Arm yourselves with knowledge and then, if you still feel the same way you did, argue to your heart's delight.

No comments: