Pages

Friday, October 9, 2009

Boys' Sturdy Winter Socks


I had ordered some Swish (superwash merino) from KnitPicks awhile ago, intending to make a hat and mittens set for H at the same time I was making the Playground Mittens for Alex's kids. Then one project led to another and the wool sat in it's lonely bin. Each time I made a new pair of socks, H asked if they were for him...I figured it was finally time to make good on my promise to him so he didn't end up like the shoemaker whose children went barefoot. Last night, while watching Grey's Anatomy I knocked out the first sock in his pair. Who knew a preschooler's sock worked in worsted weight yarn would go so quickly?! The second sock, as any good sock-maker knows to do, is cast on and started already so that it gets done as quickly as the first. You, too, can make these socks! I based it on this pattern in Ravelry (find me under SallyHP79)


Posted by Picasa

No comments: