Pages

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Smortgagebord



Are you wondering why you haven't seen anymore obsessively excited pictures of my house? As Liz Lemon would say 'Blurgh!'

We have fallen into the fun times of jumping through the hoops to get your mortgage. Initially, I had the heart-stopping moment when they said they had to re-qualify us because they hadn't included J's student loan payment into our monthly obligations. Three business days later, the issue was resolved and I breathed a sigh of relief. That is, until I read the rest of the email that apologized for any 'inconvenience' that would be caused by pushing back our closing date, due to an exception that we had been assured would be no problem, but is now a huge problem, as it's been denied. We have to provide a 30 day paystub prior to closing, instead of within two months after closing, as we'd been previously told.

Apparently, with all the folks who got approved for three million dollar homes who should have been buying a double-wide and then defaulted on their mortgage, the industry's a little tight right now. Yes, I understand why...what I can't appreciate is that, based on the assurances made to us, we locked into a rate, signed a contract for a closing date of June 30th (also, the date we need to close by in order to get the first-time home-buyer tax credit) picked out, lovingly caressed and put our stamp on finishes that would make it a home of our own.

So, while I'd like to say I'm being zen and just going with the flow; I am not. I am a freak on a stick. I am the most neurotic, anxiety-driven person known to man. I have been cyber-stalking my loan processor, the real-estate broker and anyone else who will listen. Luckily, we have an awesome realtor and team who are working their booties off to make this all come together, but I swear I'm about to go Joe Biden, because while it may be an 'inconvenience' to the big wigs in the finance department, to us; this is a 'big f$^#%ng deal!'

Stay tuned...I may be changing my facebook album titled 'A Very, Very, Very Fine House' to 'Living in a Van, Down By The River'.

1 comment: