Pages

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Book Meme

That Girl, participated in a book meme and then tagged me and four other bloggers.

Here's how it works: Pick up a book of at least 123 pages and open the book to page 123. Find the fifth sentence on that page and post the next three sentences. Then you get to tag five people.

Unfortunately, That Girl tagged my sister Sherri over at Desperately Seeking Sherri whose last post is titled "Waiting"...hmmm, should have told us something about what we'd be doing for the next TWO MONTHS! Sherri, you betta fulfill your tag on this one...don't want to make That Girl look silly for putting her faith in you!

Okay, public shaming over, I have chosen Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen because, like Sex and the City, it's just one of those stories that you never tire of hearing and the smallest snippet can make you want to start it all over again.

"Mr Collins's return into Hertfordshire was no longer a matter of pleasure to Mrs Bennet. On the contrary she was as much disposed to complain of it as her husband. -It was very strange that he should come to Longbourn instead of to Lucas Lodge; it was also very inconvenient and exceedingly troublesome."

I tag Alex Elliot , Sherri (because I firmly believe in peer pressure to make things happen) and then I have to pick a couple of people who probably have no idea who I am, but I'm going to tag them anyhow because I like their blogs; Rima over at Rimarama Mama Drama , Dawn at Because I Said So and Karianna of The Karianna Spectrum: Kari's Couch. Let's see how this goes!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hmmm . . . I have a horrible track record for meme completion, but this one sounds easy enough! Thanks for the tag ;)