Pages

Friday, May 16, 2008

Still Got The Right Stuff?

When I saw the first ad on NBC, I marked my calendar in anticipation of the end of a fifteen-year hiatus of my absolutely crush-worthy childhood band; New Kids on the Block (NKOTB for those who were cool like me). They were slated to perform in Rockefeller Plaza as part of The Today Show's Summer Concert Series.

Maybe it was due to the rain, or a bad sound check, but I was forced to admit that the performance sounded eerily similar to when school-mates used to perform the hits for a 'talent show' that always sadly lacked talent. It was more than a little disappointing, because it affirmed my recent suspicions that the lack of visible wall-space in my bedroom 15 years ago may have been for naught.

That said, it was also funny to note that my tastes have changed and I definitely prefer Donny to Jordan (who I had previously planned to marry), although I'm sure that has something to do with my slight adult crush on Marky Mark...known now as just plain Mark Wahlberg.

That said, in honor of the thirty-somethings who camped out for over 48 hours in order to re-visit their middle and high-school flames, here you go:

1 comment:

Susan Lindgren said...

I too have to question my taste as a teen- Why oh why did I get excited putting together that New Kids puzzle?