Friday, May 30, 2008

The Hospital Called, Your Brain is Ready

This morning, I had to wait for J to get home before showering, as I was expecting a delivery. When I came out of the bathroom I noted (because I am a very observant girl) that the apartment was filled with smoke and the vent fan was blasting on high.

I wrinkled my nose and stated disdainfully, 'gross.' Lord knows I've never burned food before. I proceeded to fill the washing machine, while he apologized and I sweetly turned to him and said "I'll wager you didn't do it on purpose."


My cute husband looked sheepishly at me, as I asked what happened. Apparently using a COOKIE SHEET with no edges to make bacon in a gas oven results in grease dripping onto the bottom of the oven and creating large quantities of smoke...WHO KNEW?! I simply walked across the room and opened the window.


My day cannot be botched, for I'm watching Sex and the City in just four short hours!!!


*Image taken from this website.


**The title to this post was written on a T-Shirt that I saw once when I was about 12 and was going to get for my big sister, but my mom wouldn't let me...curses, foiled again!

1 comment:

Alex Elliot said...

I can't believe your mom wouldn't let you get that shirt for your sister :) I can't imagine why! I'm a big fan of my plastic bacon plate that goes in the microwave. It has grooves to catch the grease and despite what the packages might say, I've never found a type of bacon that doesn't cook well in the microwave.