Pages

Saturday, March 21, 2009

It's a Wrap!

Fashion Hostage?
Or willing participant?

Spring has sprung and with it, the first cotton short-sleeved sweater of the season.
This cute wrap sweater is heading to Alaska where it may be layered over a long sleeved shirt for awhile, but that's okay. Hopefully it'll last her through next Fall and beyond! (the random string in the back is just something that was on the table...forgot to brush it off before trying it on my model :)) As you will be able to see, seaming is still my weakness...if I can figure out how to knit this baby in the round I will... Holding 2 strands of cotton yarn and using size 13 needles, this project is a super quick knit, taking about 4 hours from start to finish plus seaming time. Oh, and it's made in size 2 years, which is why it fits a little on the short side on dear H.




2 comments:

Crafty Mama said...

That is an adorable wrap shirt, and it looks really easy. I'm looking to move away from Scarf-land and kid-size stuff looks less daunting. And Kudos to your cute little model!

Sherri said...

Oh, I'll bet you can't wait to use this photo as blackmail when H is older! I love this sweater idea--so cute!