Pages

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Two Much of a Good Thing

So, I cast on my first pair of socks on circular needles, my first pair of toe-up socks and my first time making two socks at once. Oh, did I mention this was all the same project? It only took me about two rounds to realize that maybe I should master one at a time. So, here I am with a cuff-down pair of socks, based on the pattern by FuzzyNoodleKnits; Ladies Simple Socks on Two Circs (the featured photo is from her ravelry page). She based her pattern on Cat Bordhi's Socks Soar on Two Circular Needles.


I have to say that after a small issue with self-confidence, once I just made myself do it instead of stewing over the pattern, it's really simple. In one evening, I finished the bulk of one sock.

Once I realized how simple it really was, I wished I'd cast on both socks...there was no way I was frogging it a third time, though.

Here's my progress so far:



Cuff completed and starting on the leg.



The heel is turned, the gusset complete and now just working on the foot-aka the home stretch. I'll post pictures when they're completed. My friend Alex is going to do these also, so we're having our second knit along...yep, I've converted another one!

No comments: