Pages

Monday, January 7, 2008

Tea for Two

One of my favorite Christmas gifts this year was my new Kitchenaide tea kettle from my mom. Prior to this one, we had a ratty old tea kettle that was probably second hand to my husband which he's owned the entire 8 years I've known him.

Everytime I look over at my stove, I just want to warm up some water and have some tea or hot chocolate.

Since becoming pregnant this time, I've switched out my daily coffee for some decaf tea. Not, mind you, that I don't still splurge on a latte from Starbucks every now and again, or drink Diet Coke. The taste of coffee is just not doing it for me right now, so I figured if I'm going to drink tea, it may as well be decaf.
It has been so odd being pregnant this time, because it seems like there are times that it occurs to me "Oh yeah! I'm pregnant!" It's not as if I forget, but I'm so busy chasing H around that I haven't had as much time to obsess about every little detail like I did when I was carrying H.
In the last week or so, I've really started to feel movement, which is the whole reason that I really enjoy pregnancy. I am not being sarcastic when I say that I like being pregnant. I am a larger person with a long torso, so that may be why it's not really an uncomfortable thing for me.
Of course, the last couple of weeks are not fun for anyone, but the majority of my pregnancy with H was really great. I remember sitting in the lunch room at work and looking down to see my entire torso shifting from side to side as space got more cramped. It was so weird to be part of this science experiment, but so cool at the same time.
I'm not saying I'd want to be perpetually pregnant, but this time, I'm a little more apprehensive about the baby actually being on the outside. I don't have reservations about caring for an infant, I know I can do that. I'm really nervous about making sure that H isn't left out too much and understands, as much as possible, that this baby is not a replacement.
But these are all tomorrow's worries. For now, I've got a nice cup of Earl Grey steeping in the other room...

No comments: