Pages

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Magic Solution

After years of watching infomercials, making strict restrictions on myself and struggling to find the answer, I finally stumbled across a way to end all late-night snacking!

I have fallen asleep for more nights than I haven't over the last week between 8 and 8:30pm. Going to the gym again has made it so that I feel even more narcoleptic than usual at night. Tonight, I let H stay up after C went to bed and we read stories in my bed. I told him he could fall asleep there, and that I'd read my book next to him until he did. Yeah, I won't be doing that again. I'm posting just shy of 3am, because C just woke up for the first time (YAY, getting further and further out) and so did I.

My book isn't even boring, but I was down for the count. Well, all the better for my kids because mean mommy has a harder time coming out to play when I've had a decent night's sleep. Also J is working our favorite 26-hour shift, so he'll be alive by mid-afternoon, and it'll be nice to not feel compelled to take a nap when he wakes up. What?! We'll actually be able to stay up together and talk?! Unheard of!

This weekend, we went over to the Seuss Garden in Springfield that I posted about before, and it was a great day. Well worth the trip, as they also have a dinosaur exhibit at the science museum right now. J and I took the kids and packed a lunch for them. On the way home, I realized that I hadn't eaten since breakfast with the kids at 5:30...and it was 2pm! We landed at Texas Roadhouse (honestly the consistently best ribs) and had ribs, sweet potato and green beans. I didn't eat any of the potato, but c sure loved it, and as I packed it in the to-go box I realized it will make about five meals for him; oh to be a baby again.

That night as J and I sat down to watch the love-fest that is Mystic River, I noticed all of a sudden that there were words clipped out of the conversation here and there, and then they just stopped talking all together. Or, I just fell asleep before 8pm. Like I said, that night, I certainly didn't feel the urge to pop popcorn or eat some tortilla chips or ice cream. It's 1,2,3 magic.


1 comment:

Alex Elliot said...

Maybe I should try getting more sleep!