Pages

Monday, November 1, 2010

Front Page News


The Josie is complete with Agnes Rose to adorn it. This was a super fast knit. I picked up the stitches for the body of the hat last night at I sat down to watch a Lizzie Borden documentary and hand out candy to all the sticky fingers in town, and was done by about 11:30. I had completed the band before, which took little more than an hour since it's just 1x1 rib.

Tonight at knitting group, I made the smaller teacup rose from the Agnes pattern, but since I'm using sport weight yarn, the cabbage rose was actually what I needed to make it big enough. Either way, I made both roses in under an hour (with lots of chit-chat and time to sew it onto the hat) so it was no cause for complaint. Charlie was oh-so-happy to be my little model. It's a super stretchy band, so is sized to fit kids three to five. Lush cashmere and minimal seaming makes this a treat without any tricks. Since it looks so cute on him, though, I think I'll be modifying a boy version without the eyelet lace so it's a cute little conductor cap.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I'm putting you in my Google reader! Love the knitting and I need to make those PB cookies.... :)

Crafty Mama said...

Beautiful work. I want to reach out and touch that cashmere!