Pages

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Home is Where Your Bed Is

After two weeks of being away from what we've created as 'home', slipping into the cool cold sheets of our humble queen bed last night was an emotional sigh. Flying into TF Green to multiple inches of snow on the ground, snow in the Jetway and blasts of cold air past the sliding doors made entering our apartment that was left, literally, ten times warmer than the 6 degree air outside feel a little heavenly.


Thank Jesus that H and C saw fit to reward me with the flip-side of the time-zone difference and we all slept in a little today. All three of us were in the bed long after J left for work, and I didn't feel one bit guilty. For whatever reason, C took an extraordinarily long nap today and they both went to bed at their normal (EST) time.

I bought a "My Heart is In Oregon" sticker at New Seasons that will ride proudly as the lone adornment on our car. I have to say that it feels good to be back in the space that holds our new friends and our own warm, cozy, fit just to our bodies (and our family) bed.

3 comments:

Maggie Bahnson said...

I LOVE this sticker. We had it on our car but lost it when we traded our car in. When Fred and I were in Portland in October, I made a point to go to New Seasons just for this sticker. It's now on our new car as a nice contrast to the California license plate!

Crafty Mama said...

Welcome "Home." :)

Alex Elliot said...

I'm glad you're back! Are you going to coffee club this week?