Pages

Friday, April 17, 2009

Weak Sauce

This morning, as I was grinding the beans for my pot o' brew, I realized that the knob on the top of the coffee maker that went from 'weak' to 'strong' had been turned so that it was well on the side of the 'weak'.

I cranked it all the way back to the end of the strong side (the right side) and commented to J that I'd forgotten that knob was there. "From Tea to Tar?" Yep. Now it looks like Texas Tea*, Black Gold...as it should.

I'm now sitting here drinking a fantastic cup of really strong coffee; you just can't beat the flavor and weak coffee is, quite frankly, a waste of time and beans. If I wanted that, I'd go to Dunkin Donuts.

Oh, and just as a side note. I was finally able to ascertain why H felt it necessary to spit all over the table..."I was being an elephant like in Miss Mary Mack." Aparrently giving "the baby hampster" a bath. The Baby Hampster would be Charlie. So glad we cleared that up. How about next time you pretend you're an elephant, it's in the bath tub or the swimming pool? (See? I've grown. Before I would have said "How about you don't ever do that again?")

*I guess I have to clarify, because Urban Dictionary says that "Texas Tea" no longer carries the innocent Beverly Hillbillies connotation of referring to oil, but now refers to promethazine w/codeine which the kids are mixing with Sprite, crushed ice and Jolly Ranchers...seriously, what ever happened to kids sneaking screwdrivers in the basement by the ping-pong table? How about a little Mad Dog (which did you know that the MD in MD 20/20 doesn't stand for Mad Dog at all but Mogen David?) or Blackberry Manischewitz?! God, I never cease to be amazed by the amount of things to keep up on in order to ensure my kids are properly cloistered!

No comments: