Pages

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Happy Days Are Here Again...


"Because of what we did on this day, in this election, in this defining moment, change has come to America," -Barack Obama

As I sat on the couch, with a pile of warm laundry surrounding me, I couldn't help it. It was 10:30pm and I drifted off to sleep. I had promised myself earlier that I wouldn't give up and go to bed early, as it had been unsettling enough waking to find that the Patriots had lost the SuperBowl when I thought they were a sure thing.


Imagine my incredible delight when I awoke to C's feeding frenzy cry a little over an hour later and saw a smiling Obama standing at the podium as his wife and children left the stage. I can't say enough how excited I am about the prospects for our nation with Obama and Biden leading the way.


In watching John McCain's admission of defeat, I thought it was very classy...although he kept saying how 'special' the significance of the win was.

Now, I need to head to bed, because H and C won't care that it was election night. It's times like these that I really miss home...it would be nice to be on Pacific Time right now.

No comments: