Pages

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Shelter Me

Hop over to Knitty Reviews to read the review I'm posting about the book, Shelter Me by Juliette Fay, of which I received an advanced copy through Avon's First Look program.

I can't remember the last book that really made me reflect on my life as this one did. The Kite Runner made me bawl, but it was such a foreign (obviously) culture and story that it was sad in the way that epics are, but Shelter Me made me think about my life and I identified with the character in the way that she talked about her children and how she interacted with them.

Even us prickly, sarcastic people take in the small, private intimate details of our kids....

1 comment:

Maggie Bahnson said...

This sounds good! I read your review and then signed myself up for the First Look program.